Transport boss groped schoolgirls after booze and coke binge


A transport manager who groped two schoolgirls after an alcohol and cocaine binge was spared jail.

Samir Malik, 31, grabbed his first victim, aged 13, as she left a sweet shop on her way to class in Hounslow, west London.

He then followed the terrified child before groping a 14-year-old in the school grounds

Malik grabbed the older child’s bottom before saying ‘Wow’ and walking off.

She alerted her teacher and Malik was detained in the school reception before police arrived to arrest him, Isleworth Crown Court heard.

Police found a bag of cocaine on the defendant, who works for his father’s haulage company, along with a cannabis joint.

Prosecutor Timothy Greaves said of the first victim: ‘She popped into a sweetshop and when she came out she felt someone grope her bottom – she turned around and saw him walking away.

‘She then ran to her school and was pursued by the defendant.’

Mr Greaves said the pervert then groped a 14-year-old student on the second floor corridoor of the school.

She told police that the defendant had said ‘wow’ as he placed he squeezed her behind.

Mr Greaves read the victim impact statement of the first girl to the court: ‘I feel shy and embarrassed about what happened.

‘I worry that it will happen again when I go to school, I ask my friends to come with me so I’m not on my own.

‘There’s something not normal about what happened – at his age it’s crazy.’

The second girl told how she had been mocked behind her back by a fellow student because she had been sexually assaulted.

The court was told how Malik had been up all night drinking and taking cocaine before he went out in the morning to buy more vodka.

The assault happened at around 7:45am.

When he was first detained by police, the arresting officer said: ‘There was a strong smell of alcohol from Mr Malik.’

Malik originally told the police that he had run into the school because a male had tried to rob him and that his mobile phone was out of battery.

Beata Kopel, defending Malik, said: ‘The family’s background is Islamic.

‘They were not aware of of the extent of his issues with drink and drugs until he was incarcerated.’

She said that Malik had a strong community around him that would support him with his recovery.

Judge John Denniss (corr) sentenced Malik, who has a previous conviction for groping a 21-year-old, to an eight month suspended sentence.

‘What you did to these two young girls was inexcusable,’ the judge said.

‘One of them was thirteen, the other fourteen. What you did was to really scare them and frighten them.

‘It is clear that both girls you assaulted became very scared – one of them said she felt disgusted.’

Malik’s wife and father were in the public gallery to see him walk free.

Malik, of Perriwood Crescent, Perivale, Greenford, was sentenced to eight months jail suspended for two years after he admitted two counts of sexual assault.

He was also banned from going within 400 meters of the school and was given a curfew with an electronic tag between 8pm and 7am for four months.

He was fined £150 for possession of cocaine and ordered to pay £425 in court costs.

The judge also ordered that he undergo rehabilitation therapy focusing on drink, drugs and sexual behaviour.



Share this: