Allergy death teenager had no idea chicken was marinaded in buttermilk

A teenager who died from an allergic reaction after eating grilled chicken at a Byron burger restaurant did not know it had been coated in buttermilk, an inquest heard. Owen Carey, 18, died in his girlfriend’s arms in front of the London Eye on 22 April last year. Paramedics battled to save him after he was helped by passers-by but he died from an anaphylactic shock. Mr Carey was allergic to wheat and dairy products but there was no mention…

This Content is for Members only

Please register or login to access it

Register

Share this: