A man emerged naked from a storage cupboard of a Premier Inn with a fire extinguisher hose up his bottom.

Joseph Small, 20, threw his clothes off and grabbed the appliance from the fourth floor of the budget Leicester Square hotel.

He then rammed the hose between his buttocks and began touching himself, Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard.

Small also urinated on the carpet and a lift door before having to be escorted down to reception by a member of staff who wrapped him in a towel.

He then hurled abuse at the Bangladeshi man, barking at him: ‘This country has been taken over by Al-Qaeda – go back to Pakistan’.

While in the hotel lobby Small again urinated on the carpet in front of stunned tourists shouting: ‘I come from Sheffield in England.’

His alleged lewd acts are said to have caused £450 of damage lift door, carpet and the extinguisher.

Small admitted criminal damage to property under £5,000, racially aggravated harassment, and outraging public decency.

Prosecutor Izolda Switala-Gribbin told Westminster Magistrates’ Court: ‘A member of staff by the name of Hassan was at the time working in the office preparing a stock count when he could see on CCTV a naked man in the corridor of the fourth floor.

‘He went with a towel in order for the defendant to cover himself up and then escorted him down to reception.

‘Hassan then watched CCTV showing the defendant coming out of a storage cupboard at around 8.50pm, naked and urinating on the lift door.

‘The defendant could also be seen on CCTV placing a fire extinguisher hose inside his rectum and masturbating at the same time – Hassan went back to reception and called the police’.

When police arrived Small threw the towel off and began urinating on the foyer carpet.

He then racially abused ‘Hassan’ and two police officers.

‘Following his arrest the defendant started urinating on the floor of the lobby, becoming more agitated and shouting at Hassan and customers – he was intimidating even in handcuffs.

‘He shouted at Mr Hassan: ‘This country has been taken over by Al-Qaeda – go back to Pakistan”.

‘The defendant then called a special constable ‘Turkish’ and his colleague ‘Romanian’, before referring to another officer as a ‘paedo’.

‘He then emphasised to one officer, who was English, that he was from Sheffield and an Englishman’.

Lead magistrate Ben Evans adjourned Small’s sentencing until December 3 while a report is prepared.

Mr Evans told Small: ‘You have pleaded guilty to these offences but we can’t sentence you today because we feel we need a pre-sentence report in order to do so’.

Small, of Sheffield, admitted criminal damage, racially aggravated harassment, and an act of outraging public decency.

He had travelled down from Sheffield with his uncle to do a deal on a used car.